Citing the increasing demand created by mobile technologies and multiple data sources, UCSB wanted to modernize the architecture and capabilities of its complex student information system- without losing business logic or functionality.
With Modern Systems' Architectural Transformation services, UCSB moved from Software AG ADABAS-Natural applications on an IBM mainframe to a SOA-enabled environment based on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
Ideal audiences for this document include:
- Enterprise Architects seeking to virtualize core apps and extend their capabilities to support APIs, web services and more
- Technical Managers seeking speed development cycles for core apps by harnessing DevOps and agile methodologies
- CIOs seeking to ensure future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner
- CFOs looking to transition from peak usage to cloud-based cost models
- Line of Business Managers looking to integrate platforms for better service levels and performance