Gartner Symposium 2013: Real World IT: Inside A Complex COBOL to Java Migration With Modern Systems, AeroSoft Systems
We had a great time at Gartner’s Symposium 2013. Check out this event on demand video about our unique COBOL to Java Migration engagement with AeroSoft Systems, featuring our VP of Global R&D, Rick Oppedisano and AeroSoft Systems CEO Thanos Kaponeridis.
- Modern Systems, then known as BluePhoenix, was used to translate over 800 programs from AcuCOBOL to Java and migrated data from C-ISAM to a modern SQL Server environment.
- A successful COBOL to Java migration with Modern Systems enabled Aerosoft to:
- Keep the proven business logic and functionality of their application
- Get new features to the market faster
- Reduce maintenance cycles through better data normalization and by uniting language and platforms with other AeroSoft Systems products
- Increase the addressable market for AeroSoft Systems by extending the technology to meet more customer requirements
Thanks for watching this COBOL to Java migration story!