Companies House is Britain’s government bureau with responsibility for recording and storing all information that the country’s 1.8 million limited companies must share with the public. For years, Companies House gathered this information in their customized IDMS application. Recently, they elected to move this system to a Unix platform running Oracle in order to curb costs, streamline development work on the application and web-enable their data.
Companies House sought a solution that could integrate the nonrelational and relational data sources, while minimizing disruption to the business. Our Mainframe DataShare solution was able to meet all project goals without a migration- or adding to the mainframe footprint.
Ideal audiences for this document include:
- Enterprise Architects looking to integrate platforms for better service levels and performance
- DBAs looking to move away from nonrelational databases
- CIOs and CFOs seeking to leverage data analytics and/or business intelligence to gain competitive advantage
- CIOs looking to streamline systems and add efficiencies
- CFOs looking to dramatically reduce license spend associated with legacy systems