Do you crave solving complex strategic operational puzzles? Do you have the unique gift of being able to be creative in a sales and marketing capacity while driving process? Are you one to embrace details, push the envelope and keep those around you focused on the team goal? Do you have a deep understanding of legacy platforms, the projects, and specific technology like CA Gen, Natural, ADABAS, COBOL, PL1, IMS and IDMS? If so PLEASE keep reading…
The head of operations is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive group of programs to unlock significant efficiency gains and define a clear operational strategy and execution roadmap. This role will be innovative and review on an ongoing basis current business processes and best practices. You will implement and facilitate programs to drive overall business growth. S/he will be responsible for activities pertaining to interdepartmental processes, personnel, and contracts – as well as operational aspects of sales and marketing. This role will partner with the CEO and management team to ensure the scaling and growth of the business.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as being actively involved in all sales and marketing. Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the company, focusing on systems/process innovation
- Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give succinct and clear feedback
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of Modern Systems
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget to the CEO and Finance manager for review and approval, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered
- Create and maintain solid listening tools to identify, track and report business intelligence and manage other initiatives as needed
- Define and drive programs to improve overall customer and partner experience
- Provide program management leadership in complex, cross-functional (cross-group) programs. Work with the worldwide release teams to define overall software release strategies and the technologies to be used for product releases and replication
- Continually identify, track and use metrics to drive the business and improvements in how the group executes
- Drive collaboration and adoption of best-practices across geographies and functions
- Responsible for being aware of new technologies, evaluating them and communicating to the group on the costs and benefits
- Exhibit core traits essential to working at Modern Systems including: adaptability, drive for results, collaboration, customer focus, creative problem solving, planning, organizing, and executing to complete business goals
- At least 7 years of professional management experience overall, with a minimum of four years of senior-leadership experience supervising seasoned staff. A background including an undergraduate degree and an MBA or equivalent work experience in finance
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence and partnering with a CEO and board of directors
- Can integrate tangible examples of reporting and program measurement and evaluation. Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and impact
- Passionate about Modern Systems mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values to both internal and external audiences.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at Modern Systems please submit your resume today! Modern Systems appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? Complete the form below to apply.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]