The demand for legacy modernization services is explosive. Â Our global team is growing and has openings for a Legacy Application Modernization Java Technical Lead to execute projects using Modern Systems tools and services. Â We are looking for qualified candidates in the USA, UK and Romania. Â It’s essential for this candidate to speak fluent English and be able to appropriately communicate with customers.
The Java Technical Lead will be responsible for all technical aspects of each assigned project, working in full coordination with the project manager and the project team implementing Modern Systems methodology, tools and services throughout the project lifecycle.
Initially, the Lead will focus primarily on the deployment of automated redevelopment tools that translate procedural languages to a modern object oriented (Java/C#) equivalent.Â The Lead will ensure converted code maintains high architectural and performance standards.
The Application Modernization program’s span of impact within an organization could be enterprise-wide, may encompass multiple countries, and involve multiple internal and external professional groups. In this role, the Java Technical Lead drives all aspects of the professional and technical work and implementation activities, including collaborating and coordinating across professional teams of the organization and Modern Systems customers.
This position is remote / work from home office or from our US offices in Dallas, TX, Reston, VA or Charlotte, NC. Occasional travel to customers is required for sporadic visits and for certain ongoing periods.
Java Technical Lead Responsibilities:
- Deployment of modernization solutions leveraging Modern Systems tools, collaborating with project management, technical sales support and development support
- Debug and troubleshoot converted Java code
- Communicate effectively with customers throughout project duration
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Deep software engineering skills and minimum 4 years of experience with the following competencies:
- Java SE 5 and higher with J2EE (EJB, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JMS)
- Building n-tier applications (web and server side)
- Experience using common Java tools and frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Struts, HTTP, Axis, CXF, Restlet, MVC patterns, Eclipse IDE, Eclipse PDE (EMF, GEF, GMF, etc.), SoapUI, Maven, or Ant
- Mainstream Java application containers such as WebLogic, WebSphere, or Tomcat
- Versioning and change control software such as CVS or GitBlit
- Mainframe and COBOL experience
- Experience working with Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 or other relational databases by generating SQL, stored procedures, views, sequences, and triggers
- Experience with web services (SOAP, RESTful, XML/POX, ESB, etc.) is a plus
Â Ideal Day-to-Day Skills:
- Can identify/debug problem causes quickly and efficiently
- Writes elegant tree traversals/recursive methods on the fly
- Writes concise and efficient code
- Friendly, collaborative demeanor
- Is open to give/receive suggestions and likes simplicity
- Effectively integrates their work with others
- Is adept at context switching
- Speaks English fluently
Â Bonus â€œnice to haveâ€ skills:
- Â C# experience
- Natural experience
- CA:Gen experience
- Excellent Salary
- Generous Benefits and Vacation
- Possibilities to travel abroad
- Private Medical Insurance
- Potential career advancement from Java Technical Lead to Product Architect or Solutions Architect
Interested? Â Complete the form below to apply.