Mainframes have been the workhorses of business computing for decades; however, their value is decreasing because they have become expensive, rigid, and stricken with a declining skills base. Unfortunately, the process of giving up on big iron is often complicated, costly because years have been spent to develop the key business rules in core applications, and rife with risk. In the world of mainframe modernization, replatforming is the best way to move to distributed platforms, eliminate licensing fees, and retain legacy source code, allowing existing developers to continue to work with programs they are familiar with in the syntax they know.
This whitepaper incorporates industry analysis, direct customer feedback, and over 30 years of project experience to help you understand the mainframe modernization ecosystem and how replatforming Natural applications with Modern Systems is the fastest, least costly, and lowest risk option for extricating your organization from reliance on the mainframe and Software AG.
Ideal audiences for this document include:
- Technical Managers seeking to improve efficiency within existing teams and skillsets
- CIOs looking to introduce new technology while preserving business processes
- CFOs looking to eliminate mainframe and Software AG license spend
- Enterprise Architects seeking to ensure future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner
- Business Analysts seeking to leverage data analytics and/or business intelligence to gain competitive advantage