How to Minimize Risks & Reduce Costs Through a Phased Approach to Natural/ADABAS Modernization
It is often said that the most difficult hurdle in modernizing mainframe environments is the inherent risk involved in making a change to a core business system that “works”. In most cases, the legacy environment is difficult to integrate with, it’s expensive to run, and time consuming to maintain. However, those inconveniences can be perceived as less risky than extricating the business from the legacy system altogether. Thus, many organizations are reluctant to consider modernizing options to prepare for the future. This mentality follows the idea that a code conversion could alienate the employees who spent decades putting blood, sweat, and tears into building the legacy system. There is also a great deal of perceived risk around tinkering with a business critical environment at all, unless absolutely necessary. This whitepaper outlines how a phased approach to modernization, using Modern Systems’ tools to reach specific milestones, removes the common risks many executives and application developers cite as reasons to stay with the current technology. It also describes how these tools enable organizations to break the ties that bind them to expensive fees.
What You'll Discover In These Pages:
- The Path to Freedom: Application Transparency Platform® - How ATP® puts the power of modernizing Natural/ADABAS in your hands
- Phase One: Assess, Understand, & Prepare - An overview of best practices in preparing to modernize Natural/ADABAS
- Phase Two: Reduce Costs, Reuse Talent, Recycle Syntax - Why replatforming Natural and converting ADABAS is the key to reducing cost
- Phase Three: Save the Environment - How ATP® allows your teams to convert Natural to COBOL or C# on their own, at their pace
- Customer Success Story: CalPERS - How ATP® helped the California Public Employees Retirement System