Dealing with IDMS databases has long been the domain of specialist DBAs. A broad view of organizational data is vital for management reporting, business intelligence, analytics, and decision support. But what happens when critical data from important lines of business is locked up in a legacy system, technically incompatible with modern data management solutions?
This whitepaper outlines common challenges in handling data locked up in IDMS, the options for solving them, and a detailed breakdown of Modern Systems' solutions.
Ideal audiences for this document include:
- DBAs or CFOs seeking to leverage data analytics and/or business intelligence to gain competitive advantage
- Technical Managers seeking to end dependency on a legacy IDMS data tier
- CIOs looking to streamline systems and add efficiencies
- CFOs looking to dramatically reduce license spend associated with legacy systems
- Line of Business Managers looking to integrate platforms for better service levels and performance